With a never-ending quest to push the limits of ventilation, we eliminated air-blocking foam “bridges” from the center, effectively creating thru-air channels that increase the surface area of ventilation by 24.5% compared to the S-Works Prevail II Vent helmet. The all-new S-Works Prevail 3 has the most ventilation area of any helmet we have ever made.
When a helmet is impacted, its job is to dissipate the energy of the impact. The conventional approach to helmet design is that more foam (EPS) means better energy management. We re-wrote the book on cycling helmet design by innovating beyond foam. Woven aramid “cables” traverse the helmet and are anchored to carbon fiber side panels. Upon impact, the AirCage technology* works as a suspension bridge and is designed to distribute localized forces throughout the helmet.
The Occipital Base Adjustment optimizes comfort by personalizing fit to individual head shape and helmet angle can be adjusted for compatibility with glasses. An adjustable Tri-Fix web system gives riders added comfort with updated, thinner 10mm webbing that minimizes strap noise. And the ANGi-ready, ultralight Mindset micro-dial fit system with height adjustability has been updated for improved grip and reaction for easy on-the-go fit.
Our ultralight and supremely comfortable MIPS Node Air technology is integrated directly into the helmet padding, with a sleek low friction layer designed to dissipate rotational forces. With Specialized’s proprietary development work, we added perforations to maximize breathability, performance, comfort, and weight savings.
- AirCage innovation increases airflow.
- Precision, full-wrap polycarbonate shell for increased durability and premium finish.
- MIPS Air Node technology is MIPS’ most ventilation-focused solution.
- Adjustable Tri-Fix web splitter boosts comfort through personalized fit.
- Occipital Base Adjustment optimizes comfort and compatibility with glasses.
- ANGi-ready Mindset fit system for improved grip and reaction for easy on-the-go fit.