This feeling of speed and efficiency that gives you a huge smile is possible with the Epic Comp Carbon and in addition at an affordable price.
With the most efficient platform on the World Cup circuit, the Epic combines 100mm of suspension managed by the Brain system at the front and rear and a new chasis which optimizes performance at all levels.
A smarter Brain
By mixing the efficiency of a hardtail and the versatility of a full suspension, the Epic has always aimed for performance without compromise.
Add to this more than 100 victories or podiums in the XC World Cup, the new Epic is a worthy prolongation of this dynasty with its new completely revisited Brain.
Redesigned around the new Epic platform, the new Brain is even more efficient, with a pedaling platform revised for pedaling performance to transmit all of the rider’s power to the rear wheel while ensuring traction and absorption impacts in the most fluid way.
The new Epic design is optimized for power transfer and handling, the all new FACT 11M carbon chassis features a 15% stiffer rear triangle, coupled with the new Brain pedaling platform you will get an even more effective behavior in the raises and in the rising parts. The weight / stiffness ratio is further improved thanks to the new carbon construction of the front triangle.
- Offering 100-millimeters of brilliantly efficient BRAIN-controlled travel, the Epic’s FACT 11m carbon frame increases rear-triangle stiffness for peerless power transfer and introduces the most capable handling in an Epic yet, all while shedding weight over the previous-generation Epic.
- The Reba RL from RockShox benefits from the SID’s development on the World Cup circuit, providing a race-tested Motion Control damper with external low-speed compression, lockout and rebound adjustments.
- Specialized Alloy tubeless-ready rims feature a modern 25-millimeter internal width, allowing tires to achieve their ideal profile and footprint for optimal traction.
- Shimano’s SLX brakes are second to none when it comes to fuss-free stopping that’s light on the scale and heavy on value.
- Employing tech from upstream XT and XTR offerings, the Shimano SLX rear derailleur ticks off quick shifts and employs a wide, 12-speed range to ensure jumps between gears are as minimal and efficient as possible.